In response to the recent COVID-19 virus, also known as the Coronavirus, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has released some preventative steps everyone should take to prevent the spread of the disease:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to seek medical care
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and help young children to do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-base hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands.
For more information, visit:
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Texas Health and Human Services: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- Dallas County Health and Human Services: https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php