Building Inspections is committed to providing outstanding service by ensuring commercial buildings and residential homes constructed, altered or maintained in the City of Hutchins meet the recognized standard for overall quality of life and building safety through a cooperative effort with our citizens.
Building Official: Tim Rawlings / firstname.lastname@example.org / 972-225-6121 ext 111
Permit Technician: Haley Taylor / email@example.com / 972-225-6121 ext 110
Inspection requests can be submitted to the Permit Technician over the phone at 972-225-6121 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be made before 4:00 PM the previous business day.
Permit Fee Schedule:
Appendix A, Article A3 of the Code of Ordinances establishes the Fee Schedule.
For new construction or remodels (either residential or commercial) the plan review fee is due at the time of submission. All other fees will be due after the review has been completed and approved.
Codes and Ordinances
Code of Ordinances
The City of Hutchins Code of Ordinances can be accessed online HERE
In accordance with Ordinance 2021-1122 and Ordinance 2018-1067 the City of Hutchins has adopted the following Codes:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- 2016 NFPA 13
- 2018 NFPA 30
- 2016 NFPA 72
- 2018 NFPA 101
- 2016 NFPA 400