The City of Hutchins is looking for an experienced Senior Center Director to oversee the daily operations of the Senior Center, including creating and implementing senior citizens’ programs, special events, and activities.
Knowledge of: Community senior citizen needs and social services resources. Needs and problems of the elderly. Evaluation and discipline. Basic budget principles. Coordinates with kitchen staff to provide noon meals. Oversees the disbursement of monthly food bank commodities. Oversees the transport of senior citizens to and from the center.
KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the daily activities and events of the City’s Senior Center.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports regarding senior center operations and activities. Orders equipment and supplies. Prepares a monthly activity calendar. Oversees the work of part-time and volunteer staff.
- Prepares and promotes activities and services through marketing materials.
- Identifying community senior citizen needs and recommending alternative or enhanced programs.
- Evaluates senior center services and programs and implements improvements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to use computers and applicable software. Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Rules, regulations and ordinances pertaining to senior citizen programs and facilities.
- Develops and implements the goals, objectives, policies and procedures for the senior center. Community senior citizen needs and social services resources.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, reviews, evaluates and directs the work of assigned staff and volunteers.
- Recruits and provides leadership to volunteers and schedules and plans their work assignments.
- Observes, reports, and follows up on building repair and maintenance needs.
- Develops center newsletter, fliers, posters and displays to promote interest in senior center programs. Inventories and disburses monthly food bank commodities to senior citizens.
- Prepares periodic statistical reports pertaining to senior center activities and programs for management review. Maintains current knowledge trends and advancements in senior citizen program planning and implementation.
- Perform other duties as ssigned. Principles and practices of effective employee supervision, including selection & training. Answers questions and provides information to the public and provides referrals to other agencies. Participates in budget preparation and administration.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or GED
Five (5) years of senior citizen programming, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Kitchen Management Certification